Safe water interventions have vast potential to transform the lives of millions of people. Water filtration tools not only provide safe drinking water but also have a positive health impact on the most vulnerable populations: young children, pregnant women and those with debilitated immune systems.
LifeStraw® is a portable water filtration device developed by Vestergaard Frandsen. It is a filter that makes dirty water safe to drink, eliminating virtually all water-borne bacteria and viruses. It is safe, practical and durable.
- Can be carried around for easy access to safe and clean drinking water.
- Easy to mass-distribute in areas where drinking water is contaminated.
- Capacity: minimum 700 litres or 1 year (Approximate calculation with a consumption of 2 litres of water/day).
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, more than 98% of waterborne viruses and particles down to 15 microns.
- Requires no electrical power or spare parts for the lifetime of the straw.
- Product winner of the 2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas, the 2006 Well-Tech Innovation Technology Award, the 2005 INDEX International Design Award and named ‘Best Invention of 2005’ by Time Magazine, ‘Innovation of the year’ by Esquire Magazine, ‘One of the Ten Things That Will Change The Way We Live’ by Forbes Magazine, ‘A Water Purifier for the Masses’ by Popular Science magazine, among others.
*For more information see: LifeStraw®